Interview to PALOMA BERJANO TORRADO

Hard work always pays off  

Paloma Berjano, who was a student in our high school last year, won on July 2015 the silver medal in the Dance World Cup competition in Romania. 

How long had you been preparing the choreography?
I’d been preparin
g it for four months. Once I had learned the choreography it was just a matter of time to repeat it one time after another. That’s the way I become confident enough to dance on the stage.

Tell us something about  your dance, Esmeralda.
Esmeralda is a very expressive dance in which I have to act in a cheeky way and to dance showing a lot of strength and self-confidence. I enjoy it a lot because of its strong message.

Where are you currently training?
Now, I’m studying in the Real Conservatorio Profesional de Danza Mariemma in Madrid. This is the first year I study here. It has supposed a big change in my life as I spend the whole morning dancing and during the afternoon I have to take lessons of the science A level.

Which are your expectations for the future? 
I want to continue my training and, if possible, I would like to dance in a professional company. And, of course, at the same time I prepare for becoming a professional dancer I would like to achieve good marks at high school.

Had you taken part in any other international competition before?
Yes, a year ago I participated in the DWC here in Spain. Also I took part in another competition out of Spain, in Lyon. That was two years ago when I got a very high score at another National competition that allowed me to dance in Lyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment